The Oxford Real Farming Conference is looking to recruit a Programme Coordinator for ORFC 2022.
This role will support the Events Director, Francesca Price, and Events Coordinator, Brittany Oakes in the run up to the conference, which will be in-person and online 5-7 January 2022.
We are looking for a person who is available to start work as soon as possible, preferably for 2-3 days a week (total of 25-30 days) at 7.5 hours a day. The work on the conference will last until 14 January, but the role has the potential to continue past this date.
The day rate will be £115 a day (inclusive of VAT if applicable). The successful candidate will be responsible for paying their own taxes, including income tax, national insurance contributions or any other taxes which may apply.
Ideally, this person will;
- Have a strong interest and/or experience in agroecology, food justice, food sovereignty and farming.
- Have strong diplomatic and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to solve problems on their feet or work with others to find solutions.
- Be familiar with the work of the Real Farming Trust, the Oxford Real Farming Conference and others in the UK food and farming movement.
- Be able to work in Oxford for the duration of the conference week (3–7 January).
- Be flexible and understand that the work will continue – part-time – during the Christmas and New Year period.
Diversity matters to us all at the Real Farming Trust. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your background experience and a letter explaining why you’d like to work with us by midday 15 October.