We’re delighted at last to release the programme for the 11th Oxford Real Farming Conference which will take place on 8th and 9th January 2020. Thank you all for your patience as we’ve confirmed speakers, juggled rooms, and generally got all the details finalised.
We have some incredible sessions lined up including discussions and workshops exploring:
- Climate and how a food system based on agroecological or regenerative techniques can help stabilise our changing planet and feed its population;
- The production and consumption of meat and dairy and whether recent claims regarding the merit of an all-plant diet are justified (including new research from Oxford University into methane emissions);
- The vast inequality of land ownership in the UK and how we can challenge and change this, with radical estate owners, campaigners and politicians;
- Diversity in farming in the UK and what we can learn from the way other cultures approach and produce food.
As always ORFC has attracted an incredible array of speakers. This year we are particularly pleased to welcome international speakers:
- Leah Penniman, Farmer and Founder of Soul Fire Farm in New York;
- Ben Hartman from Clay Bottom Farm in Indiana, author of The Lean Farm;
- Alfredo Cunhal, Agricultural Scientist and Silvopasture farmer from Portugal;
- and Nicolas Supiot, one of the most well-respected peasant bakers in France.
There will of course be the usual line-up of dinners, entertainment and general revelry – we very much look forward to seeing you there.
For all those who missed out on tickets, our Waitlist is still open but we are sorry to say that it looks very unlikely that we will be able to release any more tickets. As ever we will be recording sessions; and even more will be filmed than in previous years.
Please note the programme may be subject to change. The deadline for ticket refunds is 1st December 2019. Please do get in touch if you have any further questions.