Conference Meeting Room Drop-In Sessions
Meaningful Certification for Real Change
Time To See Sustainable as Mainstream?
Many of us have been at this for decades, yet sustainable farming has yet to reach the acreage and market-share needed to make meaningful change in how we farm and eat. Consumers are further removed from agriculture than ever before, and shifts in trade threaten the stability of traditional markets. A Greener World works to bridge these gaps and mitigate risk with credible, high-integrity certifications backed by meaningful standards and dedicated technical and marketing support for certified farms and businesses. We know we need to reach beyond the “choir” to build awareness and demand for genuinely sustainable systems. After all, good food should be a right, not a privilege.
A Greener World (AGW) identifies, audits, certifies and promotes practical, sustainable farming systems by supporting farmers and informing consumers. Based in Devon, AGW UK is part of a network of certifiers under the AGW Global umbrella. AGW’s growing family of internationally available trusted certifications includes Certified Animal Welfare Approved by AGW, Certified Grassfed by AGW, Certified Regenerative by AGW, and Certified Non-GMO by AGW, with fish welfare programmes available in select regions. Each programme is designed to have positive and measurable impacts on the environment, society and animals, encouraging truly sustainable farming practices. AGW’s standards and procedures are robust, transparent and achievable.
We are an engaged partner for farms and businesses seeking market differentiation and a strong advocate in their corner. We invite you to book a time to explore how we might work together.
Resources by A Greener World
Technical and Marketing Resources
Research and Reports
- A Breath of Fresh Air: The truth about pasture-based livestock production and environmental sustainability
- Lies, Damn Lies… The false facts about food production (with the Soil Association)
- Label Comparison Charts: Grassfed, Non-GMO and Regenerative
- AGW: 2019 in Review
AGW Farms in the News
- The Grocer: AGW Certified Lye Cross Farm “Highly Commended” in New Product Awards
- Cornwall Live: AGW-Certified West Country Premium Venison “World’s Best Deer Farm”
- Southwest Farmer: “Fernhill Farm Certified by A Greener World for Animal Welfare”
- Powys County Times: Partridge Farm receives “key environmental status” in AGW certifications