Please join us on Twitter and Facebook @ORFC #ORFC19
Please take note of the following which is relevant to everyone coming to ORFC 2019
- Early registration for ORFC 2019 will take place on Wednesday 2nd January 7pm-9pm in St Aldates Church, which is on the corner of Pembroke Street and St Aldates, just down the road from the Town Hall. The Land Workers’ Alliance will be running a bar and there will be a street food market to purchase evening dinner.
PLEASE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EARLY REGISTRATION.
Otherwise, registration will take place in the main foyer of the Town Hall from 8am on Thursday 3rd January.
- We will not be providing any disposable cups for tea and coffee this year, or for evening drinks – please bring your own. Alternatively, you can purchase a (very nice) ORFC anniversary mug when registering.
- This year’s new venue is St Aldates Church (where early registration will be taking place) which will be the place for food and drink throughout the conference. There will be food stalls serving lunch on both days and informal evening dinner on the Thursday and the LWA will be running a bar in the Church on the evenings of Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd.
- For the 10th anniversary of the conference we will also be introducing the ORFC Working Lunches. These will be small and informal. Lunch will be simple: bread and soup. A quiet space apart from the main conference to meet, reflect, discuss and ask questions. To be found in the Conference Room in the Parish Centre (next to the Christopher Room) 12pm-1pm and 1.30pm-2.30pm each day.
- PLEASE BRING CASH FOR LUNCHES AND THE BAR
- We will also have a Quiet Room for contemplation, meditation, yoga or prayer – in the Barristers Room of the Town Hall. Drop in 9am-5pm both days.
- Please look at the programme – there is loads on and you’ll need a bit of time to decide which sessions to attend!
- Also leave time for networking in the Church – most delegates say it’s their favourite aspect of the conference.
- To aid with this we will have a fun sticker table where you you will able to take stickers to “customise your badge” according to your interests.
- We are inviting delegates to submit questions for the session with the Secretary of State, Michael Gove. Please email your questions to email@example.com, Tom will collate the questions and pass them on to Kerry McCarthy MP who will be interviewing Michael Gove. PLEASE SEND THESE IN BY MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY 30th DECEMBER
- On the evening of the 3rd, in the Christopher Room, Mama D Ujuaje will be running an immersive and thought-provoking experience entitled THE FOOD JOURNEY. This session is free but spaces are limited so booking is required. To book please fill out this online form which also has more information about the session.
Getting to the venues